Friday, April 30, 2010

Anyone Thirsty?

I am! So we all know i'm partial to whiskey,so it's about time I made it out to The Thirsty Crow on Sunset in Silver Lake. I have to admit I was a little skeptical of The 1933 Group getting rid of one of my favorite bars..Stinkers..and re-vamping it, but folks we have a winner! It has old school charm, with all the bartenders wearing top hats and suit vests, and filled with pot belly stoves, exposed brick and more windows to view the cool hipsters out on the patio, with vintage-like mirrors in the bathrooms..and of course the most important part..lots and lots of bourbon! Drink picks for the evening included: The Thirsty Crow..a mix of Sazerac Rye, bitters and ginger beer..super refreshing! Tastes like a soda on a hot summer day served in a jar. Shown below by the lovely Anna Behr. The Sazerac, strong yet bitter orange sweet..reminds me of an old fashion. Last..but certainly not least The Black Manhattan strong and perfectly sweetened with hints of caramel. At the bottom..a black cherry..one of my weaknesses. Not many bars around opt for the Italian black cherries in thick syrup..but when I find one that does I want to steal the whole jar! But I just ask for extra instead. Next on my list to try is the mint julep..hey..what a great way to kick of The Kentucky Derby tomorrow! So looks like I have a new favorite bar. Where to find me..The Thirsty Crow 2939 W Sunset Blvd.
XOXO Kristie Cream






No comments:

Post a Comment